Monday, May 21, 2007

May 21, 2007

I slept like a rock last night. I don't remember anything, except hearing my husband get up once. I haven't been that tired in a long time. My weekend went pretty well. We took the kids to the lake on Saturday and went fishing. We rented a little paddle boat to fish out of. We learned a few things from that experience.

#1 - take an anchor or two next time. The wind kept blowing us around, which makes fishing with bobbers almost impossible. Hubby tried to tie up the front of the boat to a log that was sticking out of the water, but then we were just being blown around in circles.

#2 - I don't like paddle boats. Every time the kids would need help with their line, my hubby would stand up and make is way to their end of the boat. The boat would rock and tilt.. and hubby always looked like he was about to fall in head first. Since we are veterans of a somewhat serious boat accident where he almost drowned, I'm a bit paranoid. I didn't like it at all. Every time he'd stand up I'd get sick at my stomach.

#3 - Even out on the water you need bug repellent. We managed to remember the sunscreen, but forgot to spray everyone down with off. The dragonflies landing on our heads was an interesting touch, but finding ticks on my son later in the day was more than a little alarming. We were no where near high grass or trees, yet he managed to have ticks on him anyway. I honestly think they were in the boat.

#4 - Get out there early. It's been so long since we've been fishing, which is probably a sin in some circles, that we forgot the fish usually bite early or late. Midday is not the best time to be plunking in the bait. We did see fish.. but only got a few nibbles, and those weren't big enough to actually set the hook with. We almost accidentally caught a trout, which surprised us all. I didn't even know there were trout in that lake. My hubby was pulling my daughter's bait out of the water to fix it, and low and behold this trout comes to the top and tries to snatch it away.

Topic change....

TOM has yet to rear it's ugly head. I'm assuming it's because of all the stress I've been under. Stress will really mess with the body and I've had this happen before due to stress. So I guess it'll show when it shows.

I'm down another lb today, which leaves only 1.5 lbs left until I'm back at my pre-vegas weight. And today I'm wearing a size 14 jean skirt!!! I haven't worn 14 in a long time. What's funny is I bought this skirt in Vegas and it fit me then. I was so excited about coming back to tell everyone. Then somehow the skirt got put away and I forgot I even had it. I also forgot to tell you all about it. I must have had a brain lapse or something.

I'm not sure If I'll keep updating menus the way I have been or not. I'm thinking of using my fitday program again and then just posting the stats here and the end of the day or beginning of the next. Sorry I'm so wishy-washy on this.. I just can't decide which would be the easiest way to do it. I would like to keep better track of all my nutritional info, and fitday is great for that.

I'm still working on the article I mentioned last week. I also have an idea for a small series of posts that will discuss low-carbing on a budget, so stay tuned for that.

I have a great low-carb chocolate dessert recipe I'd like to share this week. I hope to get to that soon as well.

Oh.. the grill I won in the 2nd Annual Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Blogiversary Giveaway Contest is supposed to be delivered this morning! Whoo Hoo! I'll be sure to post pictures of it for you later.

No comments: