Friday, May 16, 2008

It's Friday and I'm Itching

Wow. This week has just flown by for me. I have been so busy I've barely had time to breathe. Someone promise me this madness will stop soon, Please? Lie to me. I don't mind. Just give me hope!

Actually, I enjoy the busy-ness somewhat. I just wish it wasn't so much that I didn't have time for other things... like blogging.

I had a couple to topics planned for today, but it will have to wait until next week.I will give you a hint though. They involve a new sweetener and a cookbook review.

Here's the scoop on today's nuttiness:

I worked yesterday at a shoot in St. Louis, which was fantastic. I really have been enjoying the work and I always meet the most fantastic people. (Hi Gayle!) I came home happy, but exhausted.

I also came home to find that the sweet little furball kitten we invited to live with us just 5 short months ago is causing havoc. Not intentionally mind you, but it's happening none-the-less. It seems she has fleas. Now, at first I thought we had it under control. We put a flea collar on. That didn't seem to completely cover it, so recently we bathed her and applied a flea treatment from Hartz. What has happened next can only be described as an epidemic. I swear, it's right out of a horror movie. I think the fleas LIKE the Hartz stuff. They seem to have multiplied overnight. Is there any chance I accidentally got slipped some experimental flea reproduction serum instead of the flea killer I thought I was purchasing?

These fleas are attempting to take over my life. Just thinking about it makes my skin itch. Last night we realized just how bad it was when we found the cat in the bathroom chasing one on the floor, and found a few more dying in the sink. I can't deal with this!

So instead of posting today, my day will be full of rigorous cleaning, followed by bathing a soon-to-be unhappy cat (who, I might add, has sharp claws and and hates water), applying Bio-Spot to said cat, and then setting my house on fire with a flamethrower and gasoline. Ok... the last step is going a bit far, but it's tempting. Actually, we will be fogging the entire house. For those of you who have done this, you know just how enjoyable THAT will be. I can hardly wait....

3 comments:

Jennifer [To PIN/share a Post, Click the 3 dots or the Red SAVE Button] said...

Yikes! That is a horror story, Amy! I hope you can help the cat get rid of the fleas. We had a year like that of ticks last year with our dog, Happy. Sympathies!

Unknown said...

First I'm glad your latest shoot was great!

I think the busy syndrome is going around. It seems summer coming creates a zillion projects. We're in the same boat.

As for kittens I hear you. I've got eight! They're in the bathroom for now, supposedly for litter box training, but somebody keeps going behind the toilet. I'm tired of reaching back there to clean. And they're swinging from the shower curtain and clothes hanging on the door. I really should videotape them but I figure the antics will just escalate. They're starting to sneak out the door...

As for fleas you have my sympathy. I went through that when I lived in California. Luckily in this area of the high desert we don't have fleas. When I moved here with two cats and four dogs I was shocked as the fleas fell off and died. Must be the altitude (4500 feet) or the low humidity.

Amy Dungan said...

Thanks ladies. We haven't completely rid ourselves of the little buggers, but their ranks have been greatly reduced. I'm going to start vigorously vacuuming my floors daily until one of two things happen: The fleas are all gone or I have no carpet left.