Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Sugarettes - sugar plays the unassuming villian

I recently read an outstanding book by Dr. Scott Olson ND called Sugarettes, Sugar Addiction and Your Health. It's one of the best books for "laymen" I've read in a long time and I highly recommend it. You can check out my examiner column if you want more information.

He's also sponsoring a 30 day sugar-free challenge which will start in January. While I'm already sugar-free, I'm thinking of joining and trying a sweet-free challenge for myself. Can I do it? I have no idea. The taste of sweet seems to have a pretty good hold on me. I'll give it a good shot though. Anyone care to join us?

4 comments:

Former Donut Junkie said...

Sugarettes is one of the next books on my list. I really want to read it!

Amy Dungan said...

You will love this book Ron! And Scott is a super nice guy. If you have any questions, he'll be glad to answer them! :)

Vikki said...

But when do I find time to read all these books I have piling up around me? I got three more today...giggle

I so want to join you in your sweet-free challenge, but I'm not sure I can completely give up sugar free drinks. I can go a month or better without eating anything sweet, but I'm not sure I can go a day without DRINKing something sweet. I'll have to think about this one and get back to you.... I really need to though. Yikes.
Take care, please revisit this again nearer to January if you can, my memory is shot! I know excuses excuses right?
Thanks for another great post Amy,
Vikki

Amy Dungan said...

Vikki, I'll be talking about this again in January, so feel free to jump in when ever you are ready. :)