Monday, February 09, 2009

Fat Head The Movie - My new favorite DVD!

(Photo from www.fathead-movie.com)


Comedian/filmaker Tom Naughton serves up super size facts and fun in his documentary titled Fat Head. This hilarious rebuttal to Morgan Spurlocks film Super Size Me is now available on DVD and includes interviews with doctors, nutritionists and political scientists - including some of our favorite people, such as Drs. Mike and Mary Dan Eades, Dr. Al Sears, and Sally Fallon Morell, president of the Weston A. Price foundation.

Regardless of your opinion of Spurlock's film, Fat Head is a must-see. Naughton shares facts about junk science while proving nearly everything we've been told about health and nutrition is wrong.

This film is all about misleading science, educating us about the truth, and personal accountability. With it's monty-python-like cartoons and Tom's great sense of humor, it's so much fun to watch that even my kids enjoyed it. They were learning and didn't even realize it. Just ask my 12 and 10 year old what sugar does to your body and how you store fat. They will give you details! Do they still like fast food? Yes. Will they think about how their food choices effect their health from now on? Yes. I dare say, after watching Fat Head, you will too. And unlike Spurlock, Tom will share his food diary.

This is now my new favorite movie. (Sorry Wall-E, you just got bumped.) I've watched it twice and just loaned it to a friend.

Want a sneak peak? Enjoy.

1 comment:

Jimmy Moore said...

I agree FAT HEAD is a great film for EVERYONE to see, especially if you are inclined to favor the low-carb lifestyle. Check out my 1-hour interview with the filmmaker Tom Naughton on my podcast show this week:

http://www.thelivinlowcarbshow.com/tom-naughtons-fat-head-turns-tables-supersize-me-episode-226/