Friday, March 06, 2009

Another Update

Hey everyone. I thought I'd check in and give you the 411 on what's up with me. I'm still sick. I'm better than I was and even felt pretty good on Tuesday. But by that evening I was not feeling so good again. Maybe I pushed it a bit. I took my kids roller skating and did a little skating myself.

Anyway, I'm still struggling to breathe and am using the inhaler the dr. gave me pretty often. Hubby want's me to go back to the doctor in case this is more than just bronchitis. He's afraid I may be developing pneumonia. I've never had it, so I don't know what pneumonia is like. I have had bronchitis however and I usually suffer pretty good when I get it. I was hoping this would be a short stint, but now I don't know. I'm going to hang on and keep using the inhaler like the dr. told me to. I'm still on antibiotics, and have a few more days left of those. If I still feel like this on Monday I guess I'll have no choice but to go back to the doctor. Sometimes it feels like someone is sitting on my chest. It's not comfortable at all and the inhaler does help at those times. But at this point I really think it's just part of the bronchitis and will have to run it's course.

What stinks is that it's really wearing me out. I get tired very quickly. (I guess from getting less oxygen than I normally get.) So I get up and do a few things, then I'm wiped out again. It say the least, little to nothing has gotten done around the house, let alone the blog or my examiner column. Today I'm enlisting my kids help to get it all done. I'd like to actually relax this weekend, not freak out about how much cleaning needs done. LOL

So I'd appreciate prayers, good vibes, what ever you want to send my way. I have a photo shoot on Tuesday and really need my strength for it. Not to mention I would really like to just feel normal again. My usual fatigue will feel like an energy surge compared to this. :)

Have a great weekend everyone and I hope to be back Monday reporting improvement and getting back to the subject of low-carb, weight-loss and health!

5 comments:

T.J. Freeman Jr. said...

Amy, it really does sound like you've got pneumonia or at least have had it... I know some folks that had it and ended up hospitalized from dehydration so stop rollerskating and I hope you're drinking water like crazy!

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.

Pamela Penrod said...

I agree---sounds like it could be serious! I hope you can get in to see a doctor soon. We'll be sending prayers your way. Get well!!

Amy Dungan said...

Thanks TJ and Mindy. I decided to go to the doctor anyway today. I don't have pneumonia, thank goodness, but they did put me on another round of steroids to help knock this thing out.
Thanks for the prayers and just keep praying that it goes away soon. I'm ready to feel well again! LOL This has been going on for just over 2 weeks. Enough is enough.

Kent said...

Hopefully this means you are finally on the road to getting healthy. I know frustrating being sick can be when life keeps mounting up new challenges. Good luck with this new round of steroids.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Amy! It's nice to find your blog. I'm trying to blog myself so I'm going to link to you. My blog has some lowcarb recipes on it as well as highcarb (:0). Hope that's alright.

Your LCF's friend,
Sweeteater