Friday, September 11, 2009

Update

Hey gang. I'm working on several things at the moment for this blog that I think you'll enjoy. For now I'll just have to give you an update on some things, at least until I have these other posts ready.

Blogging: I have some product reviews in the works - complete with a few recipes. I can't wait to share some of the yummy stuff I've tried! I'm also in the process of reading Dr. Eades The 6 Week Cure for the Middle Aged Middle. So far it's been a stellar book and I'll be sharing my thoughts on it soon. I'm also going to try out the diet plan they use, so will try to update on that progress when I can.

Photography: For those that are interested, there has been a lot going on with me in this area. I was recently accepted as a participating photographer for Think Pink Photography. I find it a huge privileged to be listed among some of the most amazing photographers in the business. Think Pink is a completely volunteer network of photographers who donate their time and talent to photographing breast cancer patients and survivors. Some of the stories these photos tell are simply awe inspiring. And if non-cancer patients book a session and tell us they found us on Think Pink, we donate a portion of that session to the Eric R. Beverly Family Foundation.
On a similar note, I'm also participating in the one day event called Images for a Cure, in which all session fees for Oct. 11th, 2009 (in my case Oct. 10th) are donated to breast cancer research.
My photography schooling is quickly coming to a close. I should hopefully be finished by Jan. of 2010! :)

Ok, gotta run, but will be back very soon with some great stuff for you!

2 comments:

Ramona Denton said...

Hi Amy,
I just finished reading The Six Week Cure, and started my six weeks TODAY. I liked the book, and it contained some things I haven't tried or heard of before. I'm very excited about the possibilities! I look forward to reading what you think of it when you post.

Ramona Denton
Lovin' It Low Carb

Amy Dungan said...

Hi Ramona!
I'm almost finished as well. Learned a lot for this book. I started today as well, so we'll be side by side. :)