Friday, July 21, 2006

Back To Buisness

The water gain is officially gone! Now I can get back to serious business. Just two more lbs and I'll be at the 10 lb mark. For some reason that feels like a major milestone right now. It's been a long time since I have been able to say I've lost 10 lbs. It feels good! (or it will.. when I'm able to say it anyway) Expect me to make a big deal out of it when it happens. ;0)

I'm starting to think about exercise more, which is always a good thing. It can also be intimidating. I'm so out of shape that my muscles hurt just doing simple stuff. So I'll have to ease into this or I'll give up quickly. I have plenty of options. I have a home gym, Tae Bo, Pilates, and Walking workouts to chose from. Not to mention just getting out and walking the dog or playing basket ball with the kids.

We have more bad storms coming our way so I'm going to keep this post short and sweet. I don't want to be on the computer when it hits. St. Louis is currently in a state of emergency and things are pretty rough for a lot of people. Keep the folks without power in your prayers.. even though it's cooler today, it's still pretty humid.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'll keep y'all in my prayers, and hope the coming storms don't wreck further havoc on your area!

Slow and steady sounds like a good plan to ease into working out. Good luck!

Amy Dungan said...

Thanks for the prayers Michelle. We lost power for about 24 hours after the storm hit. It wasn't as rough as the first storm though.

I think most places will have the power back on today or tomorrow. Thankfully the temperatures have started dropping again as well.