Monday, February 26, 2007

4 Topics for today...

There is so much to post about today that I don't even know where to start!

Topic #1: Let's start with one of Jimmy's latest blog posts. Today he posted more great blogs that I can't wait to check out. Ten of them to be exact. As I read down the post I was thrilled and honored to see that my website was #3! Here are his exact words:

3. Healthy Low-Carb Living

This isn't a blog, but it is one of the best-looking low-carb resources I have seen in a very long time from one of my most faithful readers--Sparky's Girl! "Healthy Low-Carb Living" organizes just about everything you could ever want about livin' la vida low-carb in one lovely package. You can read her and her husband's weight loss success stories, see pictures, find low-carb tips and links, see the myths addressed, and so much more! Check it out along with the companion "Healthy Low-Carb Living" blog.


How great is that?!?! I guess I'd better get a scoot on it and finished up the last few pages that are not working yet! I still haven't finished the myths page, the cookbooks page.. and to be honest the front page still looks pretty bare. But my goal is to have all those things finished sometime this morning. Anyway.. Thanks for the mention Jimmy! It really is an honor and I'm so glad you like the site!

Topic #2:
My weight has stayed the same on the scale for the past couple of days. I've actually eaten less than normal this weekend due to not feeling too well. I can feel a bit of water retention, but nothing too major. So yesterday I get out of the shower and go up to my room to dress. I'm standing there in my underthings and happened to glance at myself in the mirror. I had to do a double take! Was that really me? Could 17 lbs really make that much difference? I was amazed. I was seeing MUCH less of me. Areas that had rolls are starting to flatten out, my stomach doesn't stick out so much anymore, and my arms and legs are showing marked improvements. I ran downstairs like an idiot to tell my husband what I'd seen (I was acting like I'd seen a miracle, and some ways I felt like I had). He smiled and told me how proud he was of me and how he'd noticed the same thing. He just told his parents a couple of days ago how well I was doing and that he couldn't remember exactly how much I'd lost, but it was really showing. It's so nice to have that kind of confirmation. It really helps you keep going!

Topic 3#:
Moderated comments. I have decided to moderate all comments on this blog. Not to be a dictator, but to keep offensive material and spam from showing up. I don't always have time to check the comments daily and I certainly don't want something offensive sitting there for several hours before I catch it. I get loads of spam in my website guestbook and have to delete it all the time. I have no problem listening to other opinions on the subjects we discuss here, as long as they are made in a kind and courteous manner. I will not tolerate hateful or vulgar comments though. They will simply be deleted. I know some subjects can become heated and emotions will run high, but not here. That's not why I started this blog. If someone wants to debate the merits and faults of this or that, find a forum for just that purpose. Also keep in mind that I have a very dry sense of humor.. and tend to use it when things get uncomfortable. I did so a couple of days ago after a post on a friend's blog got a bit personal and nasty. I guess one of the posters doesn't have a sense of humor. :0)

Topic #4: I think I'm fighting the bug my children had last week, though not as severe. My stomach has been upset off and on since Friday. So after finishing up my website, I'll probably take it easy today. I was only able to finish about half of my 11 oz. protein shake this morning before I felt a little sick. So anyhoo.. I doubt I'll be walking on the treadmill today.

Well, I'd better stop here. I plan on doing a couple of product reviews later today or early tomorrow. If I'm not spending the day bowing at the porcelain throne, I'll get them posted asap for ya.

Have a great one!

No comments: