Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Journey

Hey Gang.. I'm very short on time again today so I thought I'd just share this with you. I wrote this poem back in 2003 after losing almost 50 lbs on low-carb. I thought back over all the things I'd been through to get to that point. All the emotions, fears, joys and victories that lead me to where I was on that day. Here was the result...


The Journey


There is a secret world

few people know about,

where fears run wild and free

in endless fields of doubt.


You can see the Mt. of Hope

far off in the distance.

But the only way to get there

is the pathway called persistence.


You see their peaks glistening

in the golden rays of sun.

You keep your eyes focused,

your journey has begun.


Though many times you stumble

and the road gets rough and steep,

the importance of this journey

keeps you on your feet.


So at the base of Mt. Hope

you find yourself at last!

The doubts and fears behind you,

the battles in the past.


As you step foot on that mountain;

all worries left behind,

you've successfully made the journey

through a place we call..

the mind.

Copyright 2003 A.M.D.


I hope this poem encourages and motivates you as it did others at the time I wrote it. This not only applies to dieting, but to the many struggles we face daily in life. Hang in there.. success may only be one step away.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That's a really good poem, and definitely motivating!