Thursday, March 08, 2007

Please help support the March of Dimes

My sister Lana, and I, are participating in the March of Dimes Walk America. For those of you who don't know, the March of Dimes foundation work to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality. This is a great reason to help in itself. But there is a very special reason I'm asking for your help today....

Lana's boyfriend has a teenage son, Julian, who was born 4 months premature. He had a variety of health issues and was given a very grim prognosis. This wonderful young man has overcome the odds! He's a great kid, and as Lana has said, I'm proud to know him.

The other reason is my own daughter, Rachel, was born with heart problems. While I'm glad to say that she's now a healthy 8 year old, my heart still aches when I think back to it. Here is a picture of her, just hours after she was born, with all the monitor wires hanging off of her:




Please consider making a donation of any size to help with this cause. To donate, and learn more about Julian, Rachel and what the March of Dimes works towards, please visit the following links:

Lana walking for Julian


Me walking for Rachel


It would mean a lot to me, my family and others who have been affected by birth defects.

No comments: