Monday, March 12, 2007

The Training Begins


To prepare myself for my upcoming 6 mile walk on the morning of April 28th, which is to benefit the March Of Dimes Walk America program, I am starting a training of sorts. I'll be doing my best to drop as much of this excess weight as I can, since I know that will really help me. I'm currently walking 2.5 miles per day on my treadmill. My goal is to consistently walk 3 miles daily for the next few days and then increase it from there. Hopefully by the end of April I'll be able to get somewhere close to the 6 miles. I've never walked that far before in my life - not even when I was younger and thinner! It will be a challenge, but I say: "BRING IT ON!" :0)

I want to give a public thanks to Jimmy Moore of Livin' La Vida Low Carb blog for devoting a whole column to my cause. He's doing his best to promote the walk and build sponsorship for me. And don't think for a minute that he's all talk - He was one of my first sponsors!

I also want to thank those who have already signed up to sponsor me, as well as those who are planning on doing so. You have all given me great encouragement!

If you missed my previous posts about this and would like to learn more, please visit my page by clicking here.

I'll be posting my progress on "training" as often as I can. What I'm eating, how far I'm walking, how much I'm losing, etc.

And be sure to to check back after the walk is over! I'll be blogging about the experience, as well as posting pictures and totals.

No comments: