Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I need a good kick in the pants...

I need someone to kick me in the can so I'll snap out of it. For some reason, which I'll never understand, I just ate a pop tart. A POP TART!! WHY WOULD I DO THAT TO MYSELF?!?! I don't even really like pop tarts anymore.

*sigh* Stress has always been my undoing, and I've always sought solace in food. This is a behavior that cannot continue. It will surely kill me if it does. I'm going to spend the rest of the day keeping myself busy and pray I forget all about eating until tonight.

3 comments:

KatieP said...

Here you go -- *kick in the pants*!
Step away from the pop tart!!
If you're stressed and need a food treat, at least have something that won't give you a huge sugar spike. Sometimes when it's all too much I have porridge with brown sugar and cream. Not a low carb choice but real food rather than processed chemicals :)
Keep on going -- you can do this!
K
xxx

TESS said...

ICK! Poptarts are nasty! If you are going to blow it you need to learn to aim for something you really really like!Congrats on winning the grill. I got the Diet Detective books. Not exactly low carb, but nice since I didn't think I would win anything Maybe they will surprise me. I know the car break down feeling. Leaves you feeling helpless and that tends to lead to stress.I hope the rest of your week gets better.

Amy Dungan said...

Thanks Katie.. I needed that! :0) I'll give your suggestion a try next time the urge becomes overwhelming.

Thanks Tess, I'm sure things will get better from here. I just need to get through today, which is thankfully almost over. Tomorrow is another day... Congrats on winning the book! I'd love to know if you find anything helpful in there. If so please share!