Friday, June 22, 2007

June 22, 2007

Down another 8/10ths of a lb today. I'm so close to seeing the 160's again!

My wonderful hubby rubbed the biofreeze all over my shoulder and arm last night. I also took a Tylenol pm before I went to bed last night. I helped me sleep, which is always a good thing. I'm feeling a bit better today. I still hurt, but it doesn't seem as bad as it did last night. Hopefully my adjustment today will take care of the rest of it. I'm still pretty groggy from the Tylenol and I'd love to go back to bed, but I can't. My appointment is in about 2 hours and I'm afraid if I went back to bed I wouldn't wake up for quite a while.

I'm super sensitive to medications. I can easily get loopy. NyQuil will KO me for a couple of days.. and that's only taking one dose. If I took NyQuil as often as recommended on the packaging, I'd be in coma.

Funny story on that: My daughter was born c-section. Afterwards I was on morphine for the pain, for about 3 days. I remember my FIL sitting in the room trying to talk to me once. I was attempting to eat breakfast but kept falling asleep before I could ever the the spoon to my mouth. Naturally, he thought it was hilarious.

I have vague recollections of them bringing my daughter into me for feedings.. They couldn't keep me awake long enough to be of any help, which meant all of her first meals were bottle fed. The pediatrician came in the room to discuss my daughters heart problems and I couldn't concentrate on what she was saying. It's really funny now.. but it was awful then.

Finally my OBGYN came in to discuss some things with hubby and me. I couldn't stay awake and he asked hubby if I was ok. Hubby explained to the man my reactions to OTC meds, like NyQuil, and the Dr. said he'd better get my meds changed asap. They promptly took me off of morphine and gave me a much lighter pain killer. While I barely remember the first 3 days, I can give you details about day 4, 5 & 6 of our hospital stay. I can also tell you that coming down off of 3 days of morphine gives you one bugger of a headache.

Enough of that.

Hope you all have a great day. I'll be back when I can.

2 comments:

Alcinda (Cindy) Moore said...

Down another 8/10ths of a lb today.


How did I miss this??? Congrats!

Amy Dungan said...

Thanks Cindy! I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! LOL