Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A few good reads for today....

Weight loss

First a quick update: I'm down another lb, which leaves only a lb to go before I'm back at 161.4. Curse those chips!

We had dinner with friends last night and they started asking me about my diet. I explained how low-carb works, etc. They didn't look sold when I was finished, but I know the results I'm having speak for themselves. About 9:30 last night they called me from a Wal-Mart Super Center asking me what they should buy to start the diet. :0)

I gave them a quick rundown and told them I'd bring them my copy of DANDR (Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution) and some copies of my favorite recipes. Keep your fingers crossed that they can get through the induction phase, which is the hardest part.


Links

Today will be another busy day, so I thought I'd just share a few articles of interest. I don't have time to give my detailed thoughts on them as I'd like to, so just read and enjoy. And feel free to leave any thoughts you have on these articles in the comment box!

"Good Carbs" Yield New Found Benefits
Again, nothing new under the sun...

More Evidence Favors Low-Carb Diets
My favorite quote from the above article:

Taken as a whole, the evidence suggests that carb-control offers considerable potential as a weapon in the battle of the bulge.

Amen Dr. Briffa!

After reading this article I decided to look at his blog: Dr. Briffa - A good look at health

I don't the time today to read in detail, but I'll definitely be going back to see what he has to say. It does look promising! I'll let you know my thoughts on this blog in a future post.

"Healthy" Foods May Not Be
I think I've posted this before, but the warning bears repeating. Do more than look at the nutrition labels... read the ingredients labels as well! (No that can't "fix" this problem, but it will help you spot those things that just don't seem to add up. You can also use the hidden carb calculator on my site to check things out.)


Words of Wisdom


A photographic memory is of no use if it's never developed.


OK.. I need to get busy. Have a great day

No comments: