Thursday, August 02, 2007

August 2, 2007

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. We had that garage sale I've been mentioning and it took all day. I'm happy to say I sold over half the item I'd brought to the sale and made a nice little amount to take with us on vacation next week.

I also forgot to apply some sunscreen to my face and neck. In short - I fried myself. I didn't mean to. I thought I was safe under the roof of the porch most of the time. But obviously I was out in the sun just enough to make my neck look like a boiled lobster. I'm not kidding... you could fry an egg on the back of my neck. :0( I'm rubbing some after sun lotion on it about every 3 hours so it doesn't dry out and hurt worse.

OK.. quick update and then I gotta run. I have an appointment to leave for in about 30 minutes.

I'm down 1.4 lbs today. That makes me an even 160! I can't wait to break into the 150's again. Only 25 lb to go before goal.

Have a great day everyone! I'll get be back to post this evening if I can.

4 comments:

Alcinda (Cindy) Moore said...

Just catching up on your posts!!

Great on your loss!! And fantastic on your friends!! Wish some of mine would try low carb!

One of the books I recommend is The 30 day Low Carb Solution by Drs Michael and Mary Dan Eades. It's an excellent quick explanation of who low carb works and how to get started on it.

Kudzu said...

A tip for your sunburn....go to the nearest health food store and buy a small bottle of emu oil. It works miracles on sunburn. Relieves the pain and greatly reduces the redness. Also a wonderful moisturizer.

Amy Dungan said...

Thanks Cindy! I haven't read the 30 day book, but I'll have to check it out. One of my favorites, as a summery, is The Secret To Low Carb Sucess by Laura Richards. Loads of info in there!

Amy Dungan said...

Hi Kudzu! Thanks for the tip, I'll try to pick some up today!