Monday, August 06, 2007

I'm a hazard to myself.. Don't let me get me!

No. I don't listen to Pink. But I heard these lyrics once and they got stuck in my head. They seemed appropriate as a title for this post as well.

I goofed.

I made an lc dessert yesterday.

It was awesome.

I can't stay out of it.

It's a low-carb key lime pie and you wouldn't know it wasn't the full sugar version. Everyone liked it, but I've ate the majority of it.

IT MUST GO AWAY!

So I'm thinking of throwing the rest in the trash so It doesn't tempt me anymore. I've already had two slices today.. and it's not even lunch!

I'd share the recipe with you, but I don't want to be responsible for the havoc it will cause. That would be irresponsible of me! (psst.. if you really want it, I'll share it, but don't say you weren't warned!)


In other news, I saw 159.8 yesterday! That's a new low! If I can just stay out of the pie, maybe I'll see another new low soon.

This week will be a bit tough for me. We leave for vacation on Wed. and won't be back until Monday. We are going to spend those days in Branson, MO at a time-share a friend of ours has. They gave these days to us as a birthday present to my hubby. (He will turn one of the big 0's on Sunday. I'd tell you, but he's not dealing with it well. I don't want to cause undue stress by announcing his age. Besides, you can probably figure it out on your own. lol) Anyway, eating on the go is a little harder on me. I don't always make the best choices. We will have a kitchen in the time-share so I can make at least some of our meals. That will help. I'll really be happy if I can just maintain while we are gone.

Our vacation will consist of a couple of days at Silver Dollar City, which will only be fun if it isn't 100 degrees out, which it may well be. We are also going to do some fishing at Table Rock Lake. We plan to do some horseback riding as well. (Yes, I'll be bathing in sunscreen before I do any of these.) And if we can't stand the heat any longer, we may go see the Titanic museum. Rest assured I'll be coming home with loads of pictures to share. :0)

So today will be busy with tossing pie in the trash, cleaning and laundry in preparation for the trip, and running last minute errands.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Alcinda (Cindy) Moore said...

Have a great vacation!! Mine starts this week.

If I sign a waiver releasing you of all responsibility can I have the recipe?

Amy Dungan said...

I had a great vacation Cindy! I hope your is wonderful as well!

I'll post the link to the recipe for you soon. :0)