Monday, August 20, 2007

A little bit of everything (which contains a whole lot of nuthin')

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was nice. We had a birthday get-together at my parents house on Saturday. (Hubby and myself have birthdays two weeks apart, so we took care of it all at once.) My mom did her best to make sure everything was sugar free so I was able to at least sample everything. She smoked a brisket for several hours... and wow was it good!

Yep, I get older this Sunday. It's funny how aging doesn't intimidate me as much as it used to. I guess I've finally realized I can't do anything about it, so why let it bother me. It's just gonna happen.


School will be starting for my kiddos soon. For most stay-at-home parents that means free time. That will not be the case for me this year. I'll actually be even busier. We have decided to home school this year. This isn't anything new to me. I'm home schooled my kids before. I enjoyed the 2 years off we had when they attended the private school, but the expense is more than we can handle this year. I'm telling you all this to explain that my blogging may very well be cut back a good bit until we get our schedule figured out. I also have my photo school to fit in, which I'll admit has been somewhat neglected as of late. So we'll have to see how it goes. In the meantime I ask that you hang with me as I figure it out. It's all about balance.

My weight loss has been at a stand still. Today I'm going to be much more careful with my food choices. I think a couple of choices in the last few days have kicked me out of ketosis. I'll keep you posted.

Gotta run! Have a great one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't knock yourself around over being at a standstill with the weight--sometimes the pain level needs to subside a bit before we can do other things, like maybe cut back even more than we already have--it's an ugly thought, but just try taking things in stride--you sound like you're doing just great. Happy future birthday!
Adam;-)

Amy Dungan said...

Thanks Adam! I'm not worked up over being stuck, but I do know some things I've done aren't helping. I'm seeing some bad patterns in the last couple of weeks (all the traveling, etc. hasn't helped) and need to change them before they become regular habits.