Monday, January 21, 2008

Pay Per Post - Giving It A Try

I'm working on a few minor changes here on the blog. Nothing huge, but some things that I think will help me personally. One of those changes is trying a service called Pay Per Post. Pay Per Post will allow me to blog on subjects I find interesting while earning a fee for doing so. It also allows potential advertisers to hire me to post about their service or products. I was really on the fence about doing this, but it looks interesting and thought I'd give it a try. Don't worry though. I'm not going to post on anything I don't feel would be beneficial or helpful to my readers. I promise to be picky and scrutinize everything I post about first. I want you to be able to trust me. If you find my using blog ads undermines that, please let me know. While I could use the extra money, it certainly isn't worth losing my readers trust! To give you an example of what I mean, here's something that just happened last week. I was given a Pay Per Post direct offer that would pay me to blog about a weight loss supplement. I declined it. Why? It contained ephedra and seemed more like a "quick fix" kind of thing. Not what I would normally encourage here, so why do it for pay? I'm not interested in selling out. So I hope by now most of my readers realize that if I discuss or promote a product here, it's because I believe in it, paid advertising or not!

About Pay Per Post: It's a bloggers dream really. If you like to blog and would like to earn a little money (or a lot if you chose the right opportunities) doing so, then this is something you want to check out. I've seen some great offers and hope to snag some of them myself soon. Pay Per Post lists a variety of topics you can apply for. I've seen some pretty cool products on there too! So we'll see how this goes. I will post a disclosure, as you'll see below, telling you when it's a PPP post so you have no questions about it.

Would love to know your thoughts on this!




No comments: