Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Emotional Eating & Slow Burn

Hey Gang! Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. Too much going on. You'll be proud of me though. I done good. :)

My kids had a 4H meeting/Valentines Party yesterday and I didn't eat one bite of anything carby. I brought my own diet soda and a small bag of nuts with me to munch on.

I also determined in my mind yesterday that I would not longer eat emotionally. I know that's easier said than done, and I may fall flat on my face here and there, but yesterday I did it! Wanna know how? I started a challenge on Low Carb Discussion forum called "What's Eating You?" where we go to post our feelings when we feel the urge to eat emotionally. If this is something you struggle with, feel free to join us! No huge requirements. Just check in daily, if you can, and let us know how you are. And anytime you feel that maybe your "hunger" isn't true hunger, come post about it and get the support you need. It helped me a lot yesterday.



Another new thing I'm trying is a workout program called Slow Burn by Fred Hahn. I read the recent interview with him that Jimmy Moore did and was very impressed. I decided to look into it further and I like what I see. I ordered the 3 dvd set and it arrived yesterday. I've only watched the first DVD, but I am really pumped about this workout! It requires very little equipment - just basics like dumbbells, ankle weights.. you can even use soup cans and water jugs! And the best part? It requires very little time, which is about all I have anymore. The testimonials sound good and I'm going to give it a shot. I'll be sure to keep you updated on how it's working for me.

OK.. another busy day ahead of me. I am dying to tell you about that new nutrition scale I have and hope to get to that tomorrow. Have a great one!

No comments: