Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Let's laugh at HFCS, shall we?

I'm sure you all remember those ridiculous ads about HFCS and how it's healthy in moderation. Today I thought I'd share some rebuttals to those well written *snort* and concise *choke, gasp, wheeze* advertisements coming to us from the Corn Refiners Association.

High fructose corn syrup ads evoke sarcasm and concern
(Reprint from my Examiner column)


You have to love the creativity of people, especially when they feel strongly about a cause. You probably all know by know how I feel about high fructose corn syrup. People start pushing the whole 'it's fine in moderation" baloney and I have to use duct tape to keep my head from exploding. It's not healthy and it's difficult, if not impossible, to moderate thanks to it being an ingredient in a large percentage of today's processed foods. I'm far from being the only one that believes this. Just take a gander at the links I've provided below and you'll see exactly what I mean. Not all of these are scientifically correct, but they sure have fun making their points. Consumers are tired of corporations treating us like we are a bunch of uneducated lemmings.


I think the following video is my favorite. I want to adopt this kid.




More silly anti-HFCS viewing fun:

High-Fructose Corn Syrup Ad 2

High-Fructose Corn Syrup: Get the facts!

High-Fructose Corn Syrup: The REAL Truth


They Don't Want You To Know About High Fructose Corn Syrup

And on the serious side, a video with one of our favortie anti-sugar guru's - Connie Bennett:

A Sour View of Corn Refiners' Sweetener Ads

No comments: