Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Planning Ahead

Many people have expressed their desire to see my menus. As a general rule I don't post daily menus because, to be honest, I don't have time to update them. I've tried it a few times and I never keep up with it for long. So today I thought I'd compromise just a bit.

I like to plan my meals a week in advance, then do my grocery shopping. It's great for staying on a budget and it really helps you stick to your plan if you already know what you are having. Now I'm not saying I always stick to the menu. Stuff happens. I'm far from perfect, so I goof up now and again. But I think if you try this approach you'll find it a huge help.

So here is my menu plan for this week:

Sunday March 29th


B - Eggs & bacon
L - Baked Chicken w/veggies
D - Salmon and Just Like Stuffed Baked Potatoes

Monday March 30th


B - Hot Flax Cereal
L - chicken Salad & a pickle
D - Gumbo w/cauliflower rice

Tuesday March 31st


B - Mock Danish
L - Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Soup
D - Meatloaf and Salad

Wednesday April 1st


B - Omelets
L - Meat and Cheese roll-ups and salad
D - Chicken Enchiladas

Thursday April 2nd

B - Eggs & sausage
L - Baked Cod and green beans
D - Sloppy Joes and Cole Slaw

Friday April 3rd

B - Mock French Toast
L - Hamburgers and steamed veggies
D - Taco Salad

Snacks for the week may include: deviled eggs, home-made low-carb granola, home-made protein bars, cheese sticks

Obviously my menu items like Sloppy Joes, enchiladas, etc. are all low-carb versions and fit well into my plan.

Hopefully this helps you get an idea of how you can plan your meals, stick to your plan and assure a variety in your diet.

4 comments:

mindy said...

Ooh, do you have a good recipe for low-carb granola you could share??

Alice in Infoland said...

home-made protein bars? Recipe, please!

Chgoest said...

I'm interested in low-carb meal ideas. Could you include pictures of your meals and recipes when possible?

Amy Dungan (Sparky's Girl) said...

Hi Everyone!

Sadly, the recipes for the granola and the protein bars I am unable to share as they are copyrighted material of the author. I might be able to get permission on the protein bars, so let me check on that.

I will try in the future to share recipes when I can. If i have photos to share I'll do that as well, but it will depend on how much time I have.

Thanks for your comments and for reading!