Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

I'm really looking forward to a great year in 2007! I've made up my mind to make some positive changes this year and I'm looking forward to reaching my goals. One of my goals, of course, is to get off this extra weight. I have a friend who, starting today, will be my weight loss pal. We are going to call each other daily and keep each other encouraged and motivated.

I started '07 off with a nasty cold, so I spent much of New Years Eve and New Years Day sleeping. Even the non-drowsy meds make me sleepy, so I've been trying to get lots of rest. I don't have a huge appetite, which may help me stay on the right path the next couple of days, at least until I get back into ketosis. I had a rough time during the holidays and strayed quite a bit from my plan. I plan to go back to induction level carbs for a couple of weeks and also walk on my treadmill daily. I'm not setting a time or distance goal.... the idea right now is to just get on and walk!

My other goals are to be wiser with my finances this year, build up a good savings, keep up with my duties at home while also working part (possibly full) time. Again.. all about balance. One major goal that we, as a family, have set this year is to stop eating out as much. We spend way too much money at restaurants and it can't be healthy for us. So we are trying to drop it back to once or twice a month, as opposed to several times a week.

My most important goal is to be a better Christian. To be more consistent in my walk with God and to be sure that I'm "practicing what I preach" so to speak. :0)

Hope you all have a wonderful new year full of blessings and opportunities. I'm really looking forward to 2007 and all that is awaiting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been sick since Christmas with a nasty cold. New Year's Eve day was my first day back at work, but I'm mostly just sleeping and working and avoiding all exercise until I feel better. Each day I feel a teeny bit better so eventually I'll be back to full strength.