Monday, June 02, 2008

Personal Update

Today I thought I'd just share an update on my progress.

I wish I had more to report. Sadly I haven't done that well lately. I seem to be spinning my wheels but going no where. I think my biggest problem is stress. I don't deal with it properly and it tends to get the better of me. Emotional eating is a problem I deal with regularly. While I do much better than I used to, it's still an issue. I just have to keep reminding myself to take one day at a time.

I'm trying a new battle plan starting today. I'll once again plan out every bite that goes into my mouth, including "emergency" foods. You know... those times when things don't go as planned and you can't eat what you intended to. It seems to happen to me often enough that I need to be better prepared for it. I also am going to watch my macro nutrients closely. I do seem to do better when my calories are a bit lower. It may be that I'm simply taking in more food than I need and when watching my calories a bit I tend to eat only what is necessary. I still believe that quality is more important than quantity when it comes to calories, but if I'm over eating it doesn't help. I'll closely track everything again and see how it goes. (I used to do that all the time... I got lazy.)

Another step will be more water. I'm not getting enough in. Also more exercise. Even if it's just an extra few minutes, I think it will be beneficial.

I strongly suspect I have thyroid issues. I've had proof in the past of this (t3 tests), but it wasn't enough to convince my doctor. I then lost my insurance due to a job change and never pursued it further. I may be getting insurance soon, and if I do you can bet getting my thyroid checked will be on the top of the list. I'm having a lot of symptoms that fall right in line with thyroid dysfunction. This may also explain why I'm having such a tough time losing lately. There is also the distinct possibility that my short stint on Kimkins really messed up my metabolism. It could be all of the above. I hope to find out soon.

I plan to keep myself busy today while I struggle to get back on track. Being sick last week really messed up my determination to eat right. I ended up just eating what was convenient instead. Never a good thing. And again I had a lot of stress. It's not something I feel like getting into, but it was a tough week and I'm still recovering emotionally.

Have a great Monday everyone!

No comments: