Friday, November 14, 2008

Just got back..

I just spent two great days in Columbia, MO with some of the most amazing people. I had the privileged of spending time with Regina and Gil Wilshire, Gary Taubes, Dana Carpender and many others that I'd never had the honor of meeting before. It was so much fun and I absolutely enjoyed Gary's talk about the cause of obesity. I was silently cheering the whole time!

I made some new friends (Hi David!!) as well as finally got to meet some people I've known online for a good while. I'm telling you, low-carbers are some of the best people in the world. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Here's a shot of Gary Taubes and I. (I'm cracking up because he is SO much taller than me and decided to squat down so we would be on an even level.)



I may have more pictures to share later and talk more about what I've learned this week. It is fascinating stuff! Got a huge day ahead of me, so I'll try to check in when I can. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!...you got to meet Gary Taubes! that must have been cool....

Ab

Amy Dungan said...

Hi Ab! Yeah, it was cool meeting him. He's a great guy and I really learned a lot from him!

AnOldHouse said...

Hi back Amy and John!!

It was a pleasure meeting you as well!

What a fun time to see Regina and Gil and their son again. What a perfect opportunity to have met Gary Taubes and Dana Carpender in person (and nag them both to sign books).

Gary's presentation was outstanding and glad to see that there is a version of it posted out on the web!

Dana is just a hoot and a half.

Amy Dungan said...

Thanks for commenting David! Now don't be a stranger, ok? :)